Saturday, June 23, 2007

Miami Beach...rain and all

I finally made it out the beach today. Between the intense sun and sweltering humidity, I opted to wait until early evening to take advantage of the white sand beach & 70 degree water (ahhh- super salty sea water!)About a half hour before I went outside, I could see dark, luminous clouds approaching, with thunder following. No rain - yet. So I decided to brave it & made my spot on the sand and jumped in the water. HEAVEN. Made me think about my surfing days back in Santa Cruz (much colder water). I would've stayed out there for hours. When you float on your back & submerge your ears, all you can hear is the sound of the ocean. Everything is blocked out. What a feeling. Life is good.










View of our hotel (Lowes) from the beach

No comments:

Powered By Blogger