Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Dumpster Diving


We did it again...

Kathleen, my ever-faithful friend who will do just about anything for the sake of art (well, almost anything...) agreed to go dumpster diving so I could capture the essence of how cigarette cravings make a person crazy.

To prepare for the concept, I did a bit of research on dumpster diving. I was amazed to learn how many websites are dedicated to the "art" of dumpster diving. More than that, I was shocked to learn just how much food and other essential items are tossed away. Palettes and crates of perfectly good food thrown out every day. Meanwhile, the local soup kitchen has a line out the door and kids are going to school without breakfast.

Why is this? Are we too lazy to take our extras to those in need? Is it too much of an inconvenience to take a few moments out of our day to help someone other than ourselves?

I don't want to rant and rave too much on this soap box. Just some thoughts out loud...

No comments:

Powered By Blogger